Where do I go to enroll?
Enrollment takes place at your neighborhood school during regular office hours on a scheduled day, or by appointment. Rose Drive registration is done online through our district’s website (online enrollment). Please call our front office at 714-986-7250 once you have completed the online enrollment.
Online enrollment link: https://enroll.pylusd.org
What information/documents do I need to enroll my child?
- A current Photo Identification (A government or non-government issued Photo ID)
- Verification of Residency
- Proof of age
- Official immunization records are required for certifying up-to-date immunizations for each student
- All Kindergarten students must have completed a physical examination no more than six months prior to entering Kindergarten. (If an exam is completed between 6 – 12 months prior to Kindergarten entrance, another physical exam will be required prior to entering first grade.) All first grade students must have completed a physical examination no more than 18 months prior to first grade entry, unless previously done for Kindergarten enrollment.
- Parent/Guardian’s home/work/cell phone, address, and e-mail
- Emergency telephone numbers
- Name, address, phone number, and district of the previous school, if applicable
- A student living with a relative other than parents is required to go to our district’s Student Services’ Office for proper paperwork
- An academic transcript or report card from your former school
- For Special Education students: Prior IEP and Assessments
- For GATE students: Prior test scores and/or certification forms
What is the minimum age for enrollment in school?
Only children who reach the age of five on or before March 31st of the attending school year are eligible for enrollment in Preppy K.
Only children who reach the age of five on or before September 1st of the attending school year are eligible for enrollment in Kindergarten. This also applies to first grade, but the age of six, correspondingly.
The Kindergarten Readiness Act, a historic reform to kindergarten education, gives Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District (PYLUSD) an opportunity to ensure that more children each year are better prepared to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. PYLUSD believes that school readiness is more than just reading, writing, and arithmetic. This legislation enables PYLUSD to create a Transitional Kindergarten program (“Preppy K”) to support the development and achievement of our youngest learners. For further information regarding this transitional program, please visit the district’s website at http://www.pylusd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=212696&type=d
A child is automatically eligible for only Preppy K if his or her 5th birthday occurs between September 2nd and December 2nd. Preppy K serves as a bridge between preschool and kindergarten and ensures that developmentally younger children are ready for kindergarten and beyond. Children may also apply for enrollment if their fifth birthday is on or before March 31. Upon parent request, children with earlier birthdays may attend Preppy K on a space-available basis. Preppy K is part of the public school system and is free to participating students.