Rose Drive Elementary School
4700 Rose Drive, Yorba Linda, CA 92886 (714) 986-7250 Fax (714) 528-9406
Kathleen Escaleras Nappi, Principal
August 17, 2020
Dear Rose Drive Families,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! I hope this email finds you well and that you have had an opportunity to relax and recharge with your loved ones. By now you will have had an opportunity to read through the “2020-2021 PYLUSD Return to School Plan,” that was sent out a few days ago. As we plan for school opening via remote online learning, please know that we at Rose Drive are committed to the following this year:
● Our staff is committed to providing the best education possible for all our students by building relationships with our students and providing various opportunities to learn. Our goal is to continue to meet the academic, social-emotional, and extra curricular needs of all our scholars as we navigate through online learning.
● All students will learn via synchronous (live) and asynchronous (recorded) learning in small and whole group settings from 7:50-1:10. Please know that students will not be on Zoom the entire time and your child’s teacher will follow a classroom schedule in order to provide interactive direct instruction, specific feedback, small group instruction, and overall engagement and empowerment of their own learning. PE, music, library, and computer lab will be integrated into teachers’ schedules as well.
● All PK-5th grade classes will have a check-in every morning and attendance will be taken.
● Recess and lunch will be at the same time everyday for Kinder - 5th grade.
● We are lifelong learners and will continue to take professional development courses on
online learning and teaching and continue to meet as professional learning communities to strengthen our collaboration, best practices, and student needs.
We understand that our world has changed and we are here to support you. We are ready to begin a brand new school year with a renewed sense of hope and change knowing that we will always put our students' needs at the forefront of all our decisions.
Our office is open to help with registration or if you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss any questions or concerns. We are open daily from 7:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. and we are currently taking appointments to come into the office as we can accommodate 1-2 families at a time. Currently, there are no walk-ins at this time. Please call (714) 986-7250 or email email@example.com for an appointment. Masks will be required along with social distancing once you enter the office. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
While different than years past, we hope to continue to provide a welcoming and exciting new school year. Our school website, https://rosedrive.pylusd.org, will continue to serve as a resource for up-to-date information, important reminders, along with other important dates and information for Rose Drive families. To ensure that all students are ready for the first day of school, we will be scheduling a time for the distribution of needed materials such as: textbooks and/or Chromebooks. Messages will be sent to families via email and voice messages with the date and time along with the procedures for distribution. Please ensure that your contact information is current on Aeries so you receive all school communications. Please see the information below on important dates to remember..
As you know, you are an important part of your child’s education and we look forward to working in partnership with you to make this a fantastic year. Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions, comments, or concerns at (714) 986-7250 ext. 50001. We look forward to a great first day of school on Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
Kathleen Escaleras-Nappi, Principal
“Difficult Roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”
Important Dates to Remember
● Monday, August 24th and Tuesday, August 25th: Chromebook Distribution ● Thursday, August 27th: Class Placements will be emailed at 4 p.m.
● Monday, August 31st: Student Materials Distribution
● Tuesday, September 1st: First Day of School
School Website: (click here)
Suggested School Supplies: (click here)
Please watch our Back to School video for all new families: Click here